Monday, August 24, 2015

We're Back!! With a Recipe, Of Course

HELLO BLOGGERS!!

I've been fighting the urge to come back for a couple months now, and well, here I am! Lots and lots of changes have happened since our last post back in 2013. We are now a family of SEVEN!!! SEVEN!!! It still amazes me to say that. Our youngest is just shy of 4 months old. I thought transitioning out of the pregnancy stage of my life would be a lot harder than it is, but I'll save that for another post ;)

Luckily for you all, I've been saving a few recipes to post here. Today, I started Day 1 of the 21 Day Fix (for the fourth time since giving birth). I'll be posting a lot of 21DF friendly recipes as well! I don't wanna overload the page today, but honestly?? IM JUST HAPPY TO BE BACK! I can feel my creative juices flowing again, and that's just what I need!! I'm excited to share with you all that I've been learning as a mother of five. Each day, it's something new. A new struggle, a new idea, a new problem, a new solution. You know I wouldn't leave without posting a recipe, right?



Fall off the Bone Crock Pot Whole Chicken


 Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours


Ingredients
1 Tbsp salt
3 tsp paprika
3 tsp onion powder
1 tsp thyme
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp pepper
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup baby carrots
1.5 cup chicken broth
3lb whole chicken

*To add spice: 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper


Directions

Combine spices in bowl. 


Rub mixture on chicken and IN chicken.



Cut celery and add veggies to the bottom of the crock pot. Add chicken broth.



Place chicken breast down in crock pot
*Make sure break is DOWN so the juices will collect in the breast. This will leave your chicken juicy and fall off the bone tender!!

Cook for 4 hours on high heat


Watch the meat fall off the bone! Seriously the most tender chicken I've ever prepared! I shredded the chicken and served it with brown rice and the veggies from the stock. Set your portion sizes and it's a perfect 21DF meal!! Separate into containers and you've got a few meals prepped! 

***SAVE THE BONES FOR AN AMAZING HOMEMADE CHICKEN STOCK***
(link to recipe below)



Check out one of my favorite websites for an awesome homemade overnight chicken stock in the crockpot. 


I'm a huge fan of Jook, or Congee. Jook is a kind of rice porridge made with rice and chicken broth (or turkey). It's PERFECT for those cold, rainy days and amazing when you are sick. With all the rainy, cold days ahead, this will be perfect as a side dish with our meals! Enjoy!!





**COMING SOON**

For the Kids: Bedtimes and Broomsticks, a look into our schedule for five
For the Moms: Finding Yourself <again> and why it's so important
Recipes: The No Fail Pasta Sauce, that isn't only for pasta ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment