Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Mama's Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies

Do you remember how good mom's homemade chocolate chip cookies were? Mmmmm...chocolately and fresh out of the oven. Let me take you back to those warm memories of mom in the kitchen baking your favorite cookies. These are the most heavenly chocolate chip cookies I've tasted and will bring you back to your dining room table when you were a kid, impatiently waiting for mom to hand you a fresh homemade cookie.




Mama's Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies

Prep Time:  8 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes

Total Time:  22 minutes

Makes 45 cookies

Ingredients 
7 tbsp butter
1/4 brown sugar
1/4 white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups baking mix
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips



Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Mix with a hand held mixer until ingredients mix well.



Luckily, I had these two helpers with me today :) After mixing for a minute or so, add the egg and vanilla. After mixing for another minute, your combined ingredients should look like this:




Add in baking mix and chocolate chips. Mix with handheld mixer for about two minutes or until all ingredients combine into a thick dough. 



Using either a teaspoon or a mini scooper, made one inch balls with the dough.



Place each ball on your baking sheet about two inches apart. I was able to fit 20 balls on my baking sheet. 



Stick into the oven at 350 degrees for 14 minutes.



Let the cookies cool for about 10 minutes (if you can wait hehe). And there you have it! Mama's homemade chocolate chip cookies that your kids can love and enjoy as much as you did.



**I just wanted to add that the ingredients are not all organic. If you notice, the white sugar, vanilla, and eggs are non organic. I don't want to waste what I already have in my pantry, so as soon as those ingredients are out, I will be replacing them with organic. 




Love these recipes? Have a favorite one you'd like to share? Like, comment, or follow me!










1 comment:

  1. Ew don't mind my nail polish lol! My daughter and I were trying on colors at Wal-Mart!

    ReplyDelete