Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Christmas in July!!

Don't you love getting unexpected packages in the mail? I'm an Amazon freak, so I was already expecting two packages, but I had one extra package waiting for me at the post office! I get home, get the kids settled and excitedly open it. It's our first shipment of curriculum!!!!! We ordered Atelier Level 2 for our oldest. Then...surprise, surprise I hear a truck pull up and a double honk. Could it be?? Annnnother package for me??? TWO of them, actually! I felt like a kid at Christmas. I knew it just had to be more curriculum. I open the two boxes and one box contains our social studies curriculum, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's A Child's View and HMH's Science Fusion.




Now that we've begun receiving curriculum, I can now start to utilize my planner! I am playing around with a few ideas right now, but I have to thank Erica from COAH once again for her brilliance. Tonight I'm working on marking off the upcoming school year's holidays so I can work around them. Once I receive all the curriculum, I can start filling in the daily work. For now, I'll have to settle with "Planning to Plan" as Erica states in her book, Homeschooling 101. I have to say that this book really helped minimize the stress into deciding whether or not homeschooling was right for us. Every single question that I had about homeschooling, from lesson planning to teaching more than one grade, was answered in this book. If you are considering homeschooling, or know someone who is, I'd highly recommend reading her book and subscribing to her blog

Anyone interested in learning more about the curriculum we've selected, I have added links to their websites below:

Atelier Level 2: Atelier Level 2
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Social Studies and Science



Not only did I get the mattress we ordered for our Littlest, but I got the cookbook I ordered, too!!


Forks Over Knives The Cookbook

.................................................

Last, but certainly not least, I leave you with yet another recipe. This is more of a fun smoothie that can be frozen into a creamy ice cream treat. I have to remind you (again) that I'm getting rid of all this "junk" food and while this may possibly be one of the most difficult things for me to give up, I have to share it lol.



ChocoNut Banana Shake

Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 30 seconds

Total Time: 1 minute and 30 seconds


Makes 4 9oz cups


Ingredients
16oz organic milk (or almond milk)
4 bananas
1 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
1 1/2 tbsp nutella
5 ice cubes



Directions
Pour milk into blender. Add bananas, peanut butter, nutella, and ice cubes. Blend and enjoy as a smoothie, or stick in the freezer for an hour and a half or so if you can wait that long. Just until it starts to freeze so it stays nice and creamy.


I'm sorry, but for this recipe I don't have a finished picture! The kids and I whacked it before I had the chance to snap a photo! Better luck next time, or you could just make it yourself and really see where it's at :)









No comments:

Post a Comment