Saturday, July 27, 2013

Healthy No Bake Cake!

Have a child who can't eat cake for any reason? Or maybe you've got one like me who hates cake! My son is exactly like me-he's the one kid that will choose fruits over candy if put out in front of him. He wanted a different kind of cake for his birthday this year, so we decide on a watermelon cake! Let me show you how to make a cake that any child (or adult) will love! No baking required!!




Healthy No Bake Cake

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0

Total Time: 15 minutes

Makes 8-12 slices


Ingredients
1 seedless watermelon
cool whip
strawberries
nectarines
tooth picks
granola crunchies (can also use sliced almonds)

Directions



With a sharp knife, cut the two ends off of your watermelon. Stand watermelon on one end and slice the peel off from end to end.


Before adding any "frosting" or toppings, make sure to soak up excess juice with a paper towel. If you forget this really important step, your "frosting" wont stay on. Add frosting and fruits.




You can really decorate this however you want. I wanted to do a border at the top and bottom with grapes, but I couldn't find any nice grapes. They were all mushy and we don't like mushy grapes. I also wanted to decorate the sides with sliced almonds, but I couldn't find those either. So I decided to use whatever I had at home, some granola crunchies. I sliced strawberries, but kept them connected at the top. I stuck them in the cake with tooth picks.



Now it's time to slice and enjoy!


 You can also pre-slice it before you put on the "frosting" and decorations. This will make it easy to pick up the pick, dry it off, dip it in the "frosting" then roll it into the sliced almonds. This will be the method I use the next time I make the cake. 


I hope you enjoy this cake as much as my boy did!!!


3 comments:

  1. my birthday is coming up in August and I think I will make myself one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was soo easy and delicious!!! Let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to make this for Chylers class for her birthday I hope there is still watermelons in November and they don't cost $25 lol

    ReplyDelete